Terms & Conditions of Boarding & Visiting
PICK-UP & DROP-OFF TIMES: Pick-up / drop-off of your pet MUST be made during our standard office hours unless prior arrangements have been made. - We are generally quite flexible with pick-up and drop off times outside of our standard hours during weekdays, however because we have young children, we do require a minimum of 24 hours notice if you need to make such arrangements. Unscheduled Pick-up or Drop-off outside of our standard opening hours will incur a $25.00 surcharge per cat. Any Pick-up or Drop-off on a public holiday or any other day we are officially closed will incur a $50 surcharge per cat. Please also note that we may not be open during our standard opening hours if we do not have any SCHEDULED pick-ups or drop offs for either the morning or evening hours. Therefore, if you decide you wish to pick up or drop off your cat during a different time slot other than that originally booked, you will need to let us know AT LEAST 24 hours in advance. Please also note that we may not be open during our standard opening hours if we do not have any SCHEDULED pick-ups or drop offs for either the morning or evening hours. Therefore, if you decide you wish to pick up or drop off your cat during a different time slot other than that originally booked, you will need to let us know AT LEAST 24 hours in advance.
PLEASE NOTE: Whilst we have in the past been flexible around opening hours at the weekends, due to family commitments, we now no longer allow pick-ups or drop-offs outside standard opening hours on weekends. - Absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this.
Our opening times for drop-off & pick-up are STRICTLY as follows by arrangement (unless we have made prior agreement with you for pickup or drop-off outside these hours):
Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
8.00am - 8.30am
9.00am - 10.00am
4.30pm - 6.00pm
8.00am - 10.00am
4.30pm - 6.00pm
4.30pm - 6.00pm
Public Holidays 2022
Monday-ised Public Holidays 2022: We are only open for pick-ups and drop-offs between 4.30pm and 6.00pm on the following public holidays:
- Auckland Anniversary Day (Monday 31st January)
- Waitangi Day (Monday 7th February)
- Good Friday (Friday 15th April)
- Easter Monday (Monday 18th April)
- Anzac Day (Monday 25th April)
- Queen’s Birthday (Monday 6th June)
- Matariki (Friday 24th June)
- Labour Day (Monday 24th October)
Public Holidays 2022 / 2023
Christmas / New Year 2022-2023:
- Weds 21st December - OPEN ALL DAY (Limited number of Drop-Offs)
- Thurs 22nd December - OPEN ALL DAY (Limited number of Drop-Offs)
- Fri 23rd December - CLOSED
- Sat 24th December - CLOSED
- Sun 25th December - CLOSED
- Mon 26th December - CLOSED
- Tues 27th December - CLOSED
- Weds 28th December - OPEN ALL DAY (Limited number of Drop-Offs)
- Thurs 29th December - OPEN ALL DAY (Limited number of Drop-Offs)
- Fri 30th December - CLOSED
- Sat 31st December - CLOSED
- Sun 1st January - CLOSED
- Mon 2nd January - CLOSED
- Tues 3rd January - CLOSED
- Weds 4th January - OPEN ALL DAY
Please Note: We will be CLOSED for ALL pickups and drop-offs on Wednesdays from 5th January to 2nd February 2023
COVID-19 INFORMATION: Whilst in alert level 3, pick-up and drop-offs will be strictly contactless. We also cannot allow customers to enter the cattery accommodation area until we are in alert level 1. There is no penalty for cancellations made for bookings scheduled during a COVID alert level 3 or 4 situation where travel is not possible, however cancellations made for bookings which occur during a level 1 or 2 situation where travel is still possible may incur penalties.
We know how difficult it can be to leave your pet in the care of someone else whilst you are away, and therefore we welcome our customers to enter the main cattery area when dropping off or picking up their pets. - However we do have some "Rules of Entry" which we operate to ensure the comfort and safety of our other guests. (PLEASE NOTE THAT Due to COVID-19 we currently do not allow any visitors in the main cattery area).
- Only 1 customer at a time is allowed in the cattery boarding area.
- No children under intermediate school age (or children who are overly excitable) are allowed in the cattery.
- For hygiene and safety reasons, closed footwear is required to be worn, and customers are asked not to "pet" or "play" with our other guests.
NEW CUSTOMERS: If you wish to make a booking in the communal area but have not stayed with us before, you MUST call us to discuss your pet's suitability for boarding. We WILL NOT accept any online booking requests from new customers until we have had a phone conversation. We also will not accept bookings for peak periods (Christmas, New Year, Easter) in the communal area if your cat has not already previously stayed with us. - We offer customers the option of a minimum 3-day pre-Christmas trial to assess a cat's suitability for boarding over this busy period, however Pre-Christmas trials must be completed by the end of August each year. Absolutely NO exceptions will be made to this. If boarding in a private suite, pre-Christmas trials are not necessary. If you make an online booking request, we will attempt to call you, but if we are unable to make contact with you after 2 attempts, your booking will be automatically cancelled and you will receive an automatic email advising you of this.
SPECIFIC BREEDS: Due to their temperament, and our experience with Burmese and Oriental breeds (e.g Siamese & Tonkinese), we will no longer accept them for bookings in the communal area. - We have found that 99% of all such breeds do not adapt well to a communal environment and make it very disruptive for our other guests. We will only accommodate such breeds in a private suite. NO exceptions.
VISITING YOUR CAT WHILST BOARDING: Due to COVID-19 we currently do not allow any visitors in the main cattery area.
VACCINATIONS: All cats staying with us must be de-sexed and have an up to date vaccination. There is some debate about whether cats require vaccinations either yearly or 3-yearly. - International guidelines, as well as vaccination manufacturer guidelines generally advise that 3 yearly is sufficient for cats simply living at home without much contact with other animals, but that where a cat is in contact with other animals (such as a cattery environment), vaccination boosters should occur every 12 months. Therefore, in order to ensure the health and well-being of all of our guests, your pet must have a qualified veterinary approved vaccination for Feline Panleukopenia (enteritis), Calcivirus and Rhinotracheitis (herpes) which has been administered within the past 12 months and is current for the total period of their stay. Proof of vaccination MUST be presented at the time of check-in for all new customers who have not previously boarded with us and for those cats who have had a booster vaccine since their previous stay. - PETS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR BOARDING WITHOUT EVIDENCE OF VACCINATION IN THE PREVIOUS 12 MONTHS
FLEA & WORM TREATMENTS: Your pet should also have up-to date flea and worm treatments prior to arrival. If your pet requires these to be done, we can administer flea treatment (Advantage / Bravecto +) and / or worm treatment (Drontal) for an additional charge.
VETINARY ATTENTION: Should your pet require veterinary attention during their stay, we will make every endeavour to first contact the owner or emergency contact to advise of this. Where we are unable to contact the owner and your pet requires urgent veterinary attention, this will be arranged at your expense.
LIABILITY: We cannot accept responsibility for loss or illness to your pet for any reason whatsoever. We also cannot accept liability for loss or damage to any items of bedding, toys, utensils or food etc which customers bring to the cattery with their pets. We especially do not recommend bringing your own pets bedding if staying in the communal area, as in most cases your cat will not use them, and will end up being used and / or soiled by another cat. Any items you bring with your pet MUST be clearly labelled with your pet's name.
ABANDONMENT: Unfortunately, due to a case of 2 cats being purposefully abandoned by their owner whilst in our care, we have reluctantly had to introduce the following "abandonment" policy: Where a cat has been left in our care and their accommodation not paid for after a period of 14 DAYS, and we have been unable to contact the owner, we will consider the cat to be "abandoned". In such a situation, we reserve the right to make alternative arrangements for the cat, either through re-homing, or if unsuccessful, through euthanasia. All outstanding payments will be referred to a debt collection agency for recovery and / or legal action taken against the owner. The owner will be liable for all costs associated with the continuing care, re-homing, or other costs incurred as a result of other arrangements being made, as well as any additional debt recovery costs and legal fees that may be incurred by us.
DAILY RATES: The full daily rate will be charged for arrival day and departure day regardless of the time of pickup or drop-off.
WEEKEND RATES: There is a 3-day minimum charge for weekends.
LONG STAY DISCOUNTS: For stays of more than 28 days, we are able to offer a 10% discount on Standard / Communal Accommodation or 5% on Private Suites. If your pet is boarding with us for longer than 3 months, please contact us and we will work out a price for you. We are unable to offer any discounts from the start of the Christmas holiday period through until Waitangi Day each year.
PEAK PERIODS: Because we want to provide the best quality care for our guests, we have now reduced the limit on the number of cats boarding with us at any one time. - This ensures that your pet has the best possible experience with us during their stay. However, unfortunately, during peak periods, we receive approximately 4 times the number of booking requests than we feel comfortable accommodating. This, in addition to the fact that particularly Christmas, New Year and Easter include several public holidays, means that we have a minimum charge policy during these times:
- Christmas / New Year: During the Christmas and New Year holiday season a minimum 14 day booking charge applies for both private suites and communal accommodation. Deposits are required for all Christmas / New Year bookings (please see information on DEPOSITS below). Additionally, we will not accept bookings for new cats over this period unless they have stayed with us prior. - We offer customers the option of a minimum 3-day pre-Christmas trial to assess a cat's suitability for boarding over this busy period. Pre-Christmas trials must be completed by the end of July each year.
- January: For Private Suites only, there is a minimum 2-cat per day charge ($40) for all private suite bookings in January (after the Christmas / New Year period until Waitangi Day). There is also a minimum charge of $200 for all private suites booked over either the Auckland Anniversary Day or Waitangi Day weekends. Deposits are required for all bookings during this period.
- Easter Period: For Private Suites only, there is a minimum charge of $200 for boarding over the Easter Holiday Weekend.
- Other Public Holiday Weekends: For Private Suites only, there is a minimum charge of $125 for all other weekends with a public holiday either on a Friday or Monday.